2012/06/14

Movietime: Prometheus

A lot of people seem to be hung up on or disappointed in this movie, I don't really get it. I mean yes, it would have been far better if I had just walked out for the last 10 minutes and missed the grating sequel setup, not to mention the annoying "getting crushed by a giant spaceship because you're dumb" scene, and yes, forget about the aliens having inscrutable motivations, half the time I didn't even know why the humans (and robot) did what they did but after all that and a huge run-on sentence I really did enjoy watching it. Especially on IMAX, it was huge and impressive and Ridley knows how to get that shot across. The whole story wasn't as grand as I had hoped or as deep as I had liked, and perhaps this is what disappointed some. It was sort of implied to be both by all the trailers and interviews etc. leading up to it. Still, well worth giving it a go.

Rating: *****
Comment: pretty solid SF flick with some beautiful shots and a few nods to Alien

No comments:

Post a Comment