2012/06/13

Album of the Day: The Mountain Goats - All Eternals Deck

I've been tracking my listening habits on last.fm since 2004. I know that before that, starting around the mid-90s, Radiohead was absolute king of my top played artists. Because, well, they're very, very good. And eventually this reflected in my last.fm statistics, all the way up to ~2008 when I found The Mountain Goats. And then, very quickly, they overtook Radiohead as the top played artist. All this is relevant in that it demonstrates that I love The Mountain Goats very, very much.

The guy (because there is really only one core member) has a huge discography, but a lot of the earlier work was done on cassette and by home recording and so the audio quality leaves something to be desired.  This eventually changed around 2002 according to wikipedia although according to my ears from 1996 onwards the audio quality starts getting much better. This album is currently the latest (although there is a new one in the works, yay!) and was released in 2011.Enjoy.

If you're in the mood for more Mountain Goats, check out my "best of playlist" on Grooveshark.


 
Rating: *****
Comment: 13 songs, only 4 have less than a 4 star rating in iTunes. Yeah, I like this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment