2012/07/31

Album of the Day: Lou Reed - Rock 'n Roll Animal & Lou Reed Live

Glam rock isn't really my thing but damn Lou Reed knows how to rock a set. Just 5 songs on the album for a total of 40-ish minutes of pure rock 'n roll, recorded live in 1973 at the Palladium in NY. I've always been fascinated by Reed, his life has taken some remarkable twists and turns. I remember seeing him live about a decade ago - he performed several of his classics and there were all these fairly old people in the hall (which had seats. Seats!) and they were all sitting around while this guy was rocking his heart out. Well, screw that - I rocked out too. It was great. The other half of the concert is available as "Lou Reed Live" and while it also contains some great songs, I like this one better. But I've linked both so you can make up your own mind. Enjoy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment