2012/05/30

Movietime: Chronos, Baraka, and Samsara

Baraka and Chronos are both non-narrative/abstract films by Ron Fricke, and both are a treat for the eye. Vast landscapes, time lapse shots, stunning architecture, people of various cultures doing their thing. Chronos was originally an IMAX feature, it's a shame I didn't get to see it in that format. That said, I was glad to have found a copy at all, and watching it on a huge screen in HD was still pretty damn impressive.
Neither movie is new by any means, Chronos is from 1985 and Baraka from 1992. I only found out about them through Samsara, a 2011 sequel of sorts to Baraka, which I've read about but haven't seen. It piqued my interest, I found and watched the other ones, and now I'm looking forward to seeing it immensely.

Rating: *****
Comment: Breathtaking imagery

No comments:

Post a Comment